One of our team building activities! I’ve now added a photo of each team! Enjoy!
Setting up our science binder:
- The binder should be 1″, 3-ring, loose-leaf binder like the one shown below. Please no huge binders or multi-subject binders.
- The binder will need 8 dividers/tabs in it. These can be store-bought or home-made with sticky notes as an example below shows. The following labels should be on the 8 dividers:
- IN PROGRESS
- ENERGY RESOURCES
- ATMOSPHERE & WEATHER
- There should be a steady supply of notebook paper behind the “PORTFOLIO” so students have enough in class.
Here’s how it would look:
(1) cover: “Science” and student’s name. Here’s an example:
(2) title page: This page should have hole reinforcers so it doesn’t rip out. Here is an example:
(3) Dividers: see above example. 8 Sticky notes are used on 8 pages to create “tabs” with our categories written on them. Store-bought labels are great too!
High Tech Science Tools
*Read the handout for instructions.
Choose one high tech tool and use these websites to do the assignment.
Hubble Space Telescope
The grading scale for METRO Nashville schools is:
F below 70%
1″ 3-ring binder
a supply of pencils every day
a supply of notebook paper
colored pencils (a set of 12 is fine! but we do use them all the time!)
pencil pouch (with your name on it!!!!) to carry supplies
pocket pencil sharpener
Classroom Wish List
kleenex (always need more of this!)